Construction and Project Management
BY CAMPBELL STEVENS ASSOCIATES
The Construction Phase of a project often signifies the realisation of months or years of planning, scoping, design and procurement work to bring the project to life on the ground. As well as being one of the most rewarding periods in the project, it can also be the time when many of the latent risks within a project come to manifest themselves. It is therefore important that the management of this project phase is considered properly with a management structure of the right size and skill set to ensure successful and safe delivery.
CSA are able to offer a range of Construction Management and Supervision services over various scales of projects utilising a team that has experience in a number of varied sectors.
This can be as simple as the supply of a seconded Construction Manager to be part of the existing client’s team right up to a multi-discipline site management team within an EPCm context.
Through effective leadership on site, our Construction Managers and Supervisors will ensure:-
- The implementation of an uncompromising and robust Health & Safety approach utilising CSA or client systems and processes including full compliance with CDM (2015) Regulations
- Delivery of works in line with and where possible, better than programme
- The quality of Construction and Installation activities are in line with the required specifications and standards including required QA procedures
- The activities of the different contractors and sub-contractors are properly co-ordinated on site resolving work face conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties
- Any site commercial issues including variations and instructions are identified early and communicated appropriately through the project team
- The right structure for communications, site meetings and activity reporting is established.
- Expediting of pre-works to ensure a smooth transition into the construction phase.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Most companies today are under pressure. Budgets are cut, resources reduced, timescales ever more challenging, yet still productivity increases are demanded. Today’s businesses cannot always provide the focus and time to deliver projects effectively, to find the right expertise at the right stage of a project, and as a result, suffer additional costs on projects through poor conception, planning, procurement and execution.
At CSA, we ensure that by utilising an outside organisation for Project Management services, all our clients’ project objectives are met in full.
The use of Project Management companies and their support techniques gives better initial planning and assessment of risks. It provides a greater chance of forecasting problem areas while there is still time to take corrective action and it allows flexibility for alternative models of operation. The successful Project Management service offered by CSA concentrates on three prime issues of time, cost and quality, ensuring a coherent structure for managing all three.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT PHILOSOPHY
The principles behind the successful delivery of on-time projects embrace the following fundamental aspects;
- Providing expert advice from day one
- Setting clear objectives and a defined scope
- Supplying crucial resources where and when required
- Using a structured process for managing risk
- The tight control of budgets
- Management of communications and supply chain relationships
- Deliver the project completed, on time, on budget as originally intended
- Performance measurement through key performance indicators
Working in collaboration with our clients at an early stage, CSA have helped reduce costs, provided a flexible and responsive resource and given access to new technologies, skills and the necessary expertise from simple to highly complex projects.